Saturday, November 21, 2015

Say goodbye to 3M painters tape and hello to 3D lac


I have used blue 3M painters tape on my Prusa Mendel i2 since I started 3D-printing in 2012. I could use the tape it for more than one print. Removing some prints would damage the tape, and then I had to replace some of it. The cons: the underside is not complete flat, and big objects still had warping on the edges. Note that my 3D-printer does not have a heated printer bed. On the edges the tape would stick to the object, but is tape is lifted from the bed. With the 3D lac the underside is completely flat and the warping is gone. And the printer still does not have a heated bed. An advantage of the headed bed would be easier object removal: after the bed and the object cools down, it comes of easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment